Interested in becoming a mentor?
SMILE Mentors will provide valuable personal connections to new Seneca students by answering questions, providing referrals, and assisting first semester students in their transition to Seneca.
Mentors will volunteer in a mentorship capacity to:
- Share their experiences and knowledge
- Connect new students to campus support services and resources
- Promote academic, personal, and social success among new students
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Be available to mentor from July - October
- Be a returning, full-time Seneca student during the September 2022 semester.
- Be available to participate in one mandatory training session.
- Be in good academic standing
- Be available 3 – 5 hours a week
- Able to support 10 new students
Applications for the September 2022 have closed.
Thank you for your interest in the mentor role. At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for the Fall 2022 semester.
Professional Outcomes:Mentors can expect:
- Resume building and enhancement
- Skill building opportunities: communication, time management, problem-solving, leadership and interpersonal
- SMILE Program Certificate
Program Requirements:Completion of:
- Online application in May.
- Sign-up for and attend a mandatory mentor interview from July 13-17.
- Mandatory training - June 29 OR 30